Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

27 people think this is good

What Does 2,000 Calories Look Like?

Liz Dwyer

Read any food label and you'll see the nutritional contents broken down for a 2,000 calorie per day diet. But depending on what foods you choose on your journey to 2,000 calories, you can nosh on a whole lot--try 50 strips of bacon--or a measly three Cinnabons. This clever video breaks down our choices.

Continue to youtube.com

Inappropriate?

Discuss

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• Meghan Neal

I love this! It's shocking how little it takes to get to 2,000 calories - and so important to help people visualize that. I spent a month counting calories and while I mostly felt like a crazy person, the knowledge was empowering. If I'm going to go way over the recommended count, I at least want to *know* I'm doing it. There's still a lot of education and awareness to do to that end...

• Liz Dwyer

So true--videos like this are such a fun, non-lectury way of getting us to think about what we're putting in our mouths. I keep thinking about how I could eat two Chipotle burritos or 53 carrots! And I wonder what a video about sugar content in our foods would look like.