1. Do GOOD-er hub—The Heidelburg Project. A city block completely taken over by art to thwart crime and blight.
2. Civic engagement—Eastern Market. The food/art/meeting hub of Southeastern Michigan.
3. Local vibes—Almost every business in the city. Most small businesses have left over the past 40 years. (Ex. Slow's BBQ, Lafayette Coney Island, Detroit Mercantile Company)
4. Defining moment—Movement or also known as DEMF (Detroit Electronic Music Festival. Techno was created here and people from all over the world flock to hear the underground sounds of our city.
5. Pick-me-up of choice—A Detroit Brown -Vernor's & Crown Royal