Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

76 people think this is good

1. {{}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

Posting comment...

• Brandy Welch

Great counterpoint Kellen. Thanks for sharing. I would still prefer to know what I am buying and be able to make the choice myself.

• Kevin Elliott

That's a ridiculously long time for that to happen. They need *5 years* to label all of their products? Come on, it's as simple as asking their distributors to label their products by a 1 year deadline, and then dropping products that refuse to do so.

It sounds like to me that this is just a preservation spin campaign, to make it look like they are complying with the demands of its consumer base.

Sad, really.

• Gin Ewbank

I hope they do a better job at this than they do at buying local. My family used to sell vegetables to Wild Oats, and for a short time to Whole Foods after they bought out Wild Oats, but they've cut ties with most of the local farmers in my region who used to sell to them.

• Hillary Newman

It's about time! I'm happy they are taking the lead on this. I hope their efforts influence other markets to do the same.