Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

90 people think this is good

Discuss

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• Danny Macias

Debbie, It's been great to see all of your breakout success this past year. What an inspiration your story (and Goldie's) is , and for so many reasons. Thanks for sharing your journey along the way!

• ecochimp

I've been following you and Goldieblox for the past year, telling everyone at school about you! Wonderful work. Best of luck to you in the coming years.

• Robin Newman

Really beautiful! You should consider placing a label on these toys that say "warning: gender-bending may occur. Intelligence may result." with a percentage of how many males to females are in the world of engineers. You're amazing! keep it up!

• Bill McGuire

Ms. Sterling, in my opinion, you are on the right path; please continue to follow "your" path and not be detoured by the naysayers who would have you believe that there are only certain ways things work. Your spunk and tenacity will bear fruit. Best wishes!

• Kim Richards

Great story, Debbie! A huge congratulations to you for stepping out there, taking risks and seeing big rewards. I'd love to talk to you about a conference I'm planning via STEAMConnect.org in San Diego March 28, 2014. We'd love to have you come and speak! I'm at kim@kdrpr.com. Happy holidays and New Year. :-)

• Joao Perre Viana

Congratulations Debbie, one more GREAT example to share with my students around the world!

• Ben Goldhirsh

Debbie, this is so inspiring and awesome. It's been super cool watching the path you and your team have carved. Really grateful for the work you all are putting in, the value of the products you've created, and the example you're setting on so many fronts. Excited to see all that comes with the year ahead!