Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

21 people think this is good

Discuss

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• Adam Wallat

I live in Dhaka, Bangladesh and i am helping an NGO that works with street children, getting them off the street and into school. I am teaching the kids basic computer skills and technology. It is the best day in my week and there curiosity and kindness is a wonderful compensation worth more than any hour i spent working for money.

• Zachary Slobig

Wow, Adam, that sounds super rewarding. What's the name of the NGO? How old are the kids?

• Adam Wallat

The NGO is called "streetwise" and the kids are between 7 and 15 years old. New website will be up soon.

• Annalee Shelton

I love these! I went to Mattel Children's Hospital and gave hats to kids who had lost their hair due to cancer treatments. Seriously inspiring.

• Zachary Slobig

That's great, Annalee. Did you do that on your own or as part of a group?

• Annalee Shelton

I went with Hats Off For Cancer, where I'm very proud to be a board member. We're lucky to have Eric Christian Olsen from NCIS on our board, and he and his costar Daniela Ruah came with us. Wish you could have seen the faces of those kids, it was a powerful day. http://instagram.com/p/ZDc-CvGbjC/

• Alessandra Rizzotti

I painted a mural at a local school with some students. I also recently painted some teacher appreciation gifts for my niece's school. I plan on volunteering at the Micheltorena Community Garden.

• Zachary Slobig

Sweet, Alessandra! Are there any photos of that mural? We'd love to see it. Share it as a Learn and tag it "service"!

• Yasha Wallin

So inspiring. Great work GOOD community, can't wait to hear more stories.