Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

9 people think this is good

Discuss

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• Steve Cohen

Just as the claim that computers would eliminate the need for paper (it did, much to the detriment of many who no longer have a paper trail), and that computers would eliminate the need for many people to come into offices to work (i.e., telecommuting), Jobs' "revelation" about not being a Renaissance man comes across as being less self-effacing and more as false modesty, especially in light of versions of computers becoming obsolete in a decade (!): If they didn't become obsolete in a quick time frame (i.e., the likes of Apple and MicroSquish didn't force people to upgrade every two years or so, whether they need to or not (not unlike being forced to buy health insurance, whether one needs it or not - - but, I digress . . . ), then those very companies would have been out of business, years ago. As such, it is no wonder that this interview never aired while he was alive. (let the defensive onslaught of Jobs begin!) ;)