Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

6 people think this is good

Discuss

  1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

  • Kris Giere

    This is an excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

    Shawn Achor, a Positive Psychologist, points out in his TED talk that research shows only 10% of a person's longterm happiness and success can be determined by the external world. The other 90% is determined by internal factors. I would posit that education, being the cultural construct that it is, falls into a similar situation.