Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

6 people think this is good

Human settlement of Mars in 2023

To accomplish this, Mars One has developed a precise, realistic plan based entirely upon existing technologies. It is both economically and logistically feasible, in motion through the aggregation of existing suppliers and experts in space exploration.
We invite you to participate in this journey, by sharing our vision with your friends, by supporting our effort, and perhaps, by becoming the next Mars astronaut yourself.

Continue to

1. {{}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

Posting comment...

• Hillary Newman

Wow, 2023 isn't that far away! Just watched the video and was pretty blown away. It's exciting to hear about the plans, but I feel uneasy about sending humans to another planet after everything we have done to Earth. Should we focus on fixing the issues that exist here and now? Or use energy and resources to explore beyond where any human has gone?

• niftyness

I often wonder the same thing when contemplating the beneficial aspects of space exploration - Neil deGrasse Tyson sheds some light on the power of exploring while speaking about the moon missions ( ) "We went to the moon, and we discovered Earth" -- Going to the moon and looking back on our tiny planet is what spawned initiatives like Earth Day and the Clean Air Act. For the first time we, as a species, realized how very fragile this tiny blue ball of water is. In many ways, focusing our energy and resources to explore beyond is the very thing causes humans to become aware of solutions to our problems here, on Earth.

. . I'd go to Mars.