Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

37 people think this is good

Discuss

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• Interestingstories

I love reading books so I think that the program is very useful since if it's a beautiful sunny day or a clear day and you go to the park you can sit there and read a book. It's a good use of your time. First time reading about tiny public libraries so I am fascinated by them they look really cool.

• Hannah Kim

I love this! It's a unique way to get people to like reading, and see it in a new light.

• Paul Fowler

Bogotá is often very progressive in policies such as these, and there's no doubt that the amount of reading done by childrean (and adults) in Colombia needs improving, so here's hoping this helps.

• Poncho Gutiérrez

This is a very interesting program. It must be considered that e-readers and tablets are not as popular in Colombia (or any other middle income country) as they are in the US. This program boosts literacy and beautifies public space. Also, from the environmental stand point, books that already in print are available human capital that MUST not be wasted. This is an awesome way to put them to use. Kudos!

• harrycol

if you are interested, in colombia, this tiny libraries are called "paraderos para libros para parques "(stops for books for parks) and bogota is the only city that have this libraries