Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

48 people think this is good

Discuss

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• Tracy Lane

Yes, but what about a 360 view from the Iraqis?

• McLear Erin

Hello there!

My name is Erin McLear and I am a senior in the Communication Design program at Washington University in St. Louis. My senior thesis is a book I am designing about the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and the psychological trauma these veterans return home with. I am using texts from the personal memoirs of Brian Castner (The Long Walk) and David Bellavia (House to House) as well as informational text from Lieutenant Dave Grossman's On Killing and On Combat in the publication. I want to bring to light the situation our country is in with young men coming home from war wounded in ways entirely unique to to war injuries of the past. I would love to be in touch with you about your project and possibly collaborate with you! This is a cause I really believe in and if I could help and volunteer my talents towards this project I would be honored. Please feel free to get in contact with me.

Thank you!