Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

8 people think this is good

Discuss

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• Ben Goldhirsh

Paul, really enjoyed your article. I think it's interesting to see how crowd funding manifests in different threads of the finance sector. Already on kickstarter you're seeing examples of straight up donations (I believe in you and am excited to help), examples of pre-sales (I want that solar charger, and I'll pay now to get that when it's ready), and soon, with the jobs bill on its way to law, investment (I believe in you and I want to be an equity holder as you take this concept forward). I wonder how the industry will support these threads (i.e. will different funding platforms focus on different types), as well as what this means for the existing funding services in market. Anyhow, I think it's a giant deal for the future of society to see aggregation of clout in all respects and I really enjoyed seeing your thoughts on how these activities strengthen muscles and make the next activity more likely. Beyond that, hell yea.