Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

GOOD

Do

Cook healthy homemade dinners

Do It

Back

Lee Fatone

I'm not sure if this counts or not because I'm technically not "cooking" anything, but I have recently become absolutely obsessed with making green smoothies. Juicing is really popular out here in L.A., but I prefer smoothies because they retain all the fiber (among other good things) from the whole plant, so they actually do a pretty decent job of filling you up! I try to have one a day, usually for breakfast or lunch, but sometimes (like tonight) they end up as dinner. The real bonus for me is that they are extremely easy to make! You just take whatever produce you have lying around the house, toss it in a blender, and BAM! Dinner is served!

Comments

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• Paris Marron

I make a morning smoothie that I love. Tastes like banana-peanut butter but packs a big nutritional punch:
      - 1 banana
      - almond or peanut butter
      - honey
      - spinach (skeptics, trust me. try it. you can't taste it over the other flavors)
      - vanilla protein powder (optional)
      - flax seed oil (optional, great for omega 3's)
      - unsweetened almond milk (or any other milk of choice)