Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

GOOD

Do

Grow Something

Do It

Back

Alessandra Rizzotti

I have recently grown a tomato. It's really more symbolic of the fact that I'm growing myself outside my comfort zone at a new job, in a new apartment, no longer in a relationship I was in for five years. I'm honoring that personal growth takes time, just like it takes time to grow our own food. Patience is key.

Comments

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• Jelena Woehr

That tomato is HUGE! My plant only has a tiny pea sized baby tomato... I grew it from one of the seedlings Mud Baron brought to the office. I'll photo it soon when my tomato doesn't look quite so tiny...

• Ayako Ezaki

Cherry tomatoes are among my favorite balcony "garden" vegetables. Last year we ate lots, and this year, we're getting close to harvesting. Can't wait!

• Amy Leibrock

Congrats on that tomato! I'm also growing food for the first time this year. Radishes, sugar snap peas and lettuce so far. For me, it's symbolic of trying to be more grounded and connected to a community. We've moved around a lot and haven't been able to commit to a garden until now. We got a plot in a community garden--I'd spend a few hours a day there, if I could! Here's a picture of it earlier in the season.