Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

GOOD

Do

Take an Alternate Form of Transportation

Do It

Back

aditya thakur

I have never owned a standard form of transportation. I do own a bicycle and I want to start touring on it. When I was a kid I had dreams of one day owning a motorbike but now this desire conflicts with my principles and I struggle. I've managed to not buy a motorcycle till now but the desire hasn't gone away. Since I work from home I don't need the daily commute. When I have to go out, I usually just walk. I walk longer distances than most normal people would. I live in the Himalayas and walking here is a great way to stay very fit. When I have to travel far I take a bus. Cycling lets me appreciate great views for longer. Walking helps me meet great dogs.

Comments

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• Pine Watt

Hey Aditya,
      Definitely wasn't expecting you to say you live in the Himalayas, I was expecting Portland. Hiking through the Himalayas is definitely on my list!
      I am currently on a round the world bicycle tour, would be more than happy to share some tips. Bike touring is definitely a great way to see the world and meet people. Also we have a blog, jeremiahwattcycling.com if you want to check it out.