Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

24 others are in

Do It

1. {{}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

Posting comment...

• Régis ELO

VERY GOOD thoughts bec everything is positive in the real necessary consciousness and education for sharing compassioning attitude ... We can change the world if we do it well , beginning with oneself 's MOST ACCESSIBLE area ... inner heart and soul ! thank you Tori for your add and sharing positive message to recover ..

• maldita

Andersoon Cooper went to Tacloban City, Leyete a week ago (I think he's still there) and I saw the disgust and disappointment on his face about the relief goods and supplies not reaching the typhoon victims. I used to work for a Philippine senator -- who was one of a select who wasn't corrupt -- and I KNOW why the goods and supplies are taking a long time to get to their destinations. When I read about Miami Heat owner Micky Arison's billion dollar donation, the first thing that entered my head was uh-oh, which politicians are going to get new houses, send their kids to Ivy League schools and buy their wives Bulgari jewelry?

• Alessandra Rizzotti

Thanks for sharing. I added my name and shared on Facebook. I was just thinking how we all need to do simple actions like these - for example- not using plastic, cutting our energy usage. Small actions like that add up and help the rest of humanity. The more that people do their part in being better citizens to the environment- they more we'll take care of each other.

• Tori Wilder

it's a simple action, but perhaps it will help show that people do care about other people, and do believe that climate change is a real and relevant issue.

• Ben Goldhirsh

thanks, Tori, for sharing this. Just added my name. Brutal stuff.

• Tori Wilder

I love how is a place where you can "do" something. remember Japan a couple years ago. feeling helpless isn't helpful, but being able to do something -- anything just feels right here. charity navigator has some good suggestions for donations as well. thanks for caring, Ben. Let's hope millions of people will sign this petition and our governments will see that this is a real issue and real people care deeply and are expecting them to act on our behalf.

• Ben Goldhirsh

indeed. you should check out a book by Dee Hock called One from Many. He is the guy who built Visa, and also just a beautiful soul and mind. He speaks of the same hope as you, but articulates his believe that it will take mass human carnage to yield macro system shifts to solve for the path forward. I hate his logic because it is sound. But I do think the masses of reasonable people are starting to play a team game and that is certainly the hustle here at GOOD HQ in trying to provide platforms for collaboration amongst global citizens who are locked in on that primary level of progress and compassion and pragmatism and idealism. Anyhow, long winded way of saying thanks, and yes, and hell yea, and let's keep pushing.

• Tori Wilder

Well, I think I am very much in keeping with you all in wanting and needing to believe that people really do want to do the right thing, we just forget sometimes how to prioritize. I'll check that book out, thanks, and also thanks for creating a very interesting forum for like-minded people to connect. The thing that always strikes me about this forum is that it's full of really interesting people sharing really interesting stuff. It's compelling to be a part of it.