Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

Do

6 others are in

Do It

Discuss

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• Hillary Newman

I was just talking about my goals for this year last night. Here they are:
    1. Learn to code
    2. Get better an understanding metrics
    3. meditate at least once a day, ideally twice a day.

• Tan Ha

What language do you want to learn?

• Hillary Newman

Tan! I didn't mention anything about a language!

• Tan Ha

which programming language do you want to learn?

• Hillary Newman

Oh! I haven't gotten that far yet. What do you suggest?

• Tan Ha

I am on the same page as you. Do what you love! HTML/HTML5 is great for web design. If you want to create cool applications for your phone, I believe java is a great skill to have. I think we need to create our own 'fish bowl' to be successful at learning how to code. (i.e. define why we want to, how we will learn, and what we will code) Keep me updated on what you decide on! I think I might want to do HTML5.

• Hillary Newman

Thanks for your recommendations! Are you familiar with Coding for GOOD (http://cfg.good.is)? The competition aspect is over, but the classes are still available.

• Tan Ha

Thanks for the additional resources! Will there be another competition?

• Hillary Newman

That's a great question. I don't think we will be hosting another competition in the immediate future, but stay tuned!

• Hannah Wasserman

Wooo! 2013! I know this might kind of sound weak sauce, but I'm not a "morning person", but I feel like it's a state of mind, so this morning I woke up at 6 and did a spin class. Going to try to be a morning person in 2013 :)

• Tan Ha

Yeah, Hannah! Congratulations! No, not at all. I know waking up at 6 AM is a big daily milestone. It sets a positive tone for the rest of the day if done right!