On Sunday, my boyfriend and I hosted a get-together of friends around music and other creative endeavors. We thought it would be fun to get our friends from different circles who were into the same things to meet each other and connect. We weren't sure who was going to show up, but ended up having 10 people all together...three musicians, three DJs, a producer (who's also a chef), creative writer, pants designer, graphic designer, and many of us are visual artists too! Everyone connected. The conversations were great and we had a few show-and-tells! And we enjoyed cooking all the food, which our friends appreciated.
We cooked (and clean!) the whole weekend to prepare for this Sunday afternoon get-together...it was so well worth it. Hoping to continue these gatherings....
List of foods we made:
1. Thai crispy curry rice balls (fried and served with fresh shallots, ginger, cilantro, chili, and fish sauce)
2. pico de gallo with blue corn chips
3. flank steak sliced and served with chimichurri
4. shredded chicken (cooked in slow cooker with a fresh-made Thai ginger and garlic sauce)
5. quinoa salad with sauteed red onion and bell peppers (red and yellow), steamed sweet corn (cut from the cob), fresh cucumber, parsley, lemon juice, and feta cheese
6. fresh fruits - grapes, strawberries, and cherries