- Whittier, CA
- August 25, 2013at 1:00 pm
If kids will eat it, it's probably pretty tasty. We offer ten reasons to dehydrate food, starting with #1:
1. Get 'em to eat their veggies: Kale chips have a well-deserved reputation because kids and adults gobble them up! We're betting your picky eaters will also go for zucchini chips, date bars, and more.
2. Save money: Staples like sundried tomatoes are expensive. Why not make your own? This also goes for expensive items like kale chips, flax crackers, eggplant bacon, etc.
3. Reduce waste: You don't need to compost or throw away aging produce. Oil it, salt it, and dehydrate it!
5. Better vegetables: Ready-made food is grown far away, and it might even have pesticides or GMOs. At home, you decide where your vegetables come from.
Read more at: http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dfcebc76427b7c91a6a756500&id=22d040349a
Learn dehydrating this Sunday with the Whittier Time Bank and chef Meredith Klein; includes a light lunch. Tickets $20-40: http://kalechips.brownpapertickets.com/