Discover and share stories

of adventure, connection, and change making.

Do

6 others are in

Do It

Kickstart the 800,000 Art Installation to the UN: Start a Conversation Around the Rwandan Genocide

William Snyder III

Where
United Nations Secretariat Building, East 42nd Street, New York, NY, United States
When
April 28, 2014

This installation allows people to grasp the enormity of the 1994 genocide in Rwanda, and is going to be on display at the UN as a part of the commemorative events...for the 20th anniversary.

Launch Slideshow

Continue to kck.st

Inappropriate?

Discuss

1. {{attachment.file.name}}
  1. {{fields.video_link.url}}

Ready to post! You’ve uploaded the maximum number of images.

Your video is ready to post!

Oops! Nice pic, but it’s just not our (file) type. Please try uploading a .jpg or .png image.

Well, this is embarrassing. Something went wrong when posting your comment. Care to try again?

That image is too large. Maximum size is 6MB.

Please enter a valid URL from YouTube or Vimeo.

Embedding has been disabled for this video.

{{c.errors.other}}

Posting comment...

• William Snyder III

Just to be clear...the Kickstarter ends April 28th. The show of this work at the UN is in JUNE.

• Mitch Robinson

Awesome project William! Good luck on the kickstarter.

• Alessandra Rizzotti

Beautiful art project. I'm really excited for you. Wondering if you plan on showing this in Rwanda too? I'd love to know what Rwandans think about your work.

• William Snyder III

My connection to Rwanda are the brothers who run the Umuryango Children's network. Yohani Kayinamura has been very supportive of the piece...and I'd gotten an endorsement by the Rwandan Embassador back in 2006. I've thought of taking it there...but a large component is the teaching and raising awareness aspect...which is much more needed here, than there. My hope is to have all the pages full of handprints and it permanently set up in a Rwandan Memorial building here...similar to say the Holocaust museum.