Every morning my routine goes something like this:
1. Wake up at a ridiculously early hour
2. Check a ridiculously large amount of social network and email accounts
3. Read numerous statuses and news headlines
4. Watch at least one TV show (or at least have it on in the background)
5. Read missed text messages (way too early to reply, though)
6. Listen to any missed voicemails
7. Spend at least 30 minutes touching-up projects and doing research
This is all done even before showering.
So, I'm challenging myself (and anyone else) to choose a day this week to get ready with no media of any sort -
-No text messages
Until you step out the door, challenge yourself to get ready in silence. Use this time to think - brainstorm - wonder - listen - observe - contemplate - develop - ponder - organize your thoughts - remember - identify,......
Let me know how it goes! Would love to read the thoughts you came up with.